New French Agency for Biodiversity
Created on 1 January 2017, the Agence française pour la biodiversité now includes l’Agence des aires marines protégées, l’Atelier technique des espaces naturels, l’Office national de l’eau et des milieux aquatiques and Parcs nationaux de France.
Their tasks include:
· Organize and develop knowledge;
· Support the implementation of public policies related to biodiversity;
· Manage protected areas and support other managers;
· Provide advice and expertise to socio-professional actors;
· Provide financial support for partnership actions;
· Mobilize and raise awareness;
· Provide professional training;
· Verifying compliance with regulations on the protection of biodiversity.
Visit the Agency’s website (in French).
16 January 2017 |