Wanted: Events Intern
Eurosite is offering a six-month, full-time (or near full-time) internship at Eurosite’s Secretariat in Tilburg, the Netherlands. The internship is unpaid, but Eurosite will provide a reasonable monthly allowance to assist with basic living costs and / or travel expenses.
Eurosite’s focus is on improving nature conservation practise at site level and ensuring that information and experience can be shared to benefit Europe’s nature. To facilitate this, we produce a monthly eNewsletter and our own Eurosite Magazine, share information on social media and (co-)organise workshops on relevent themes.
Would you like to make a contribution and help support site managers across Europe? Join us at Eurosite and take an active role in helping us realise two workshops (Wildlife Management and Climate Change), as well as helping us with our day-to-day work, which includes gathering relevant information for our members and promoting nature conservation through our communication channels.
Who are we looking for:
- Registered student with an interest in (European) nature conservation issues;
- Excellent written and spoken English required and high comptenece in at least one other European foreign language preferred (Good written and spoken French would be highly advantageous);
- Excellent communication skills, capable of distilling information into easily accessible, interesting and informative news;
- Confident communicator (phone, email and face-to-face meetings);
- Experience in website content management and with social media;
- A friendly and approachable team player, who is also comfortable working independently on a defined range of tasks;
- A well-organised and methodical approach to work activities.
The preferred internship period is from October 2014 – March 2015. It is our intention to hold Skype interviews and appoint a suitable candidate sometime in October. Please send us your CV and a letter of motivation. You email should be addressed to Carlijn Poirters, Senior Project and Finance Officer, at this address: email@example.com.