Land Stewardship – A cultural challenge to landscape enhancement and nature conservation
Land stewardship workshop: ‘A cultural challenge to landscape enhancement and nature conservation’ focuses on the promotion of land stewardship as an innovative and powerful tool to protect and valorize land, nature and biodiversity, whilst stimulating the engagement of civil society and public institution in a co-creation of an action plan to successfully develop land stewardship in EU countries. This workshop is ideal for anyone interested in nature conservation, but particularly for land owners (including farmers) so that they can learn what land stewardship could mean to them. As a result, there will be a strengthened Italian network of land stewards and land stewardship organisations. Also, an action plan for the dissemination and further development of Land Stewardship in Italy and Europe will be developed. This action plan will feed directly into the European Land Stewardship Congress, which will take place in Barcelona in November 2014.
The workshop is for a range of actors interested in nature and biodiversity conservation, more particularly:
- Landowners (including farmers) keen to learn about what land stewardship could mean for them, what the benefits of land stewardship are and how they can apply land stewardship;
- Site Managers working on nature conservation in and outside Natura 2000 sites;
- Staff working in outreach / public information functions;
- Staff working directly to support implementation of Natura 2000 and other protected areas;
- Volunteers working to conserve nature on a local and/or regional level;
- Stakeholders in local communities;
- Local and national authorities (including involved politics);
- Biodiversity conservation experts;
- Land stewardship organisations (non-profit).
You can participate free of charge, as long as your registration has been accepted.
For the latest information and to register, please visit the LandLife project website.
This workshop is part of the LANDLIFE Project (LIFE10 INF/ES/540).