Marine Protected Areas Conference 2017
United Kingdom, 15-17 May 2017
Climate change, policy developments such as Brexit and progress in marine science all contribute to a fast changing context for MPA’s. This conference aims to examine the current issues from a variety of perspectives at a time when questions on the future approaches to MPA’s are the subject of policy development. Contributions are welcome from individual practitioners, NGOs, statutory and governmental organisations as well as from academia.
- The science of Marine Protected Areas;
- MPAs and fisheries: Policy & practice;
- Climate change, non-indigenous species and marine conservation;
- Post Brexit UK policy and European Marine Sites;
- Recreational & commercial pressures: Impacts & solutions;
- Water quality, nutrients, and eutrophication.
The conference is supported by Eurosite member Natural England.
For more information, go to: www.pooleharbourstudygroup.org.uk/2017-conference/